Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Holiday Fun!

We've been having so much fun in room 421 this holiday season! 


I am always the first person to go for a craftivity. But can I just tell you how nice it was to do a writing project that also didn't involve a huge cute and paste art project? My writing block is VERY tiny - so it was so nice to actually do a writing project that was easy and enjoyable for the students. 

All that was left for me to do was slap on the world's laziest fireplace and we were ready to go ;)


These print and go Christmas themed literacy centers have got my students SO EXCITED about writing! Every night our elf on the shelf Mr. Sparkles flies back to the North Pole and delivers our letters and Christmas lists to Santa and his helpers. The students have even received a note back from Santa ;)

Mr. Spakles Came in like a Wreckkkinggg Ballllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.............

That was in my head all day as Mr. Sparkles hung on his snowflake and watched the students. Elf on the shelf is in FULL SWING! Follow me on instagram for fun elf on the shelf ideas. 




Our Bulletin Board:


My students were so thoughtful creating their Wish for Christmas ornaments! We first read The Little Match Girl by Hans Christian Anderson
Then we talked about scarcity, how some people don't receive toys for Christmas, etc. 
Then with the real spirit of Christmas in mind, students write their Christmas wishes. 






Our Classroom Door:

Because who doesn't love olaf?!


Next Week:


We have been collecting supplies, washing out milk cartons and counting down the days until our gingerbread house day! My students could not be more excited.

As much as I love December, I am ready for all my hyper little friends to come back from Christmas break rested and ready to learn again ;)

Happy Teaching 


No comments:

Post a Comment